Saturday, March 26, 2011

What Knots March Meeting

 

Chris

Chris had a lovely vacation in Hawaii in February.  She bought some fabric while there and had this lovely quilt completed by our meeting.  Amazing!

Gail

Gail completed this kit from Keepsake Quilting.  She say it’s not her colors, but it matches what she’s wearing.

Linda C

A wedding present quilt in progress by Linda C.

karen 1

I don’t usually show what I share here because I do my own posts, but Linda C grabbed my camera and took pictures.  These 2 quilt tops were completed on the retreat I went to a few weeks ago.  This first one was a UFO, at least 5 years since  I started it.

Karen 2

     This is another  Disappearing 9 patch, (link to YouTube video) also called split 9 patch or tossed 9 patch.  There are many ways to do and arrange this block, I’ve done a number of them.  For this one I cut a 4 1/2” strip from a bright fabric, and a 4 1/2” strip from a white fabric.  You can work in strip sets or just cut your individual 4 1/2” squares to create your 9-patch.  From these 2 strips you get (2) 9 patch blocks, one with white  in the center and 4 corners, one with the bright in the center and 4 corners. 

2 comments:

  1. Did you notice that what everyone was wearing matched the quilts they were showing. odd,

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the quilts are beautiful. I specially like the triangle one and the Disappearing 9 patch.

    ReplyDelete