Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What Knots October Meeting

Slight delay to getting this post done, as I left the day after this meeting for a Quilt Retreat.  No excuse for the number of days that I’ve been back home.

We welcomed 2 new members to our group, Linda C and Chris.  I’m sure you will be seeing their projects soon.

 

Marian showed us this quilt last month, but I didn’t include it with all our challenge quilts.

Marian hearts

This month Marian had 2 of these lovely quilts made from disappearing 9 patch blocks that are being donated the the Cancer Infusion Center as part of the Bonnie’s Team Project.Marian

Anara shared this lovely quilt which I seem to remember is also for a charity donation.  Note to self:  write things down.anara

Georgi, along with former members Laurie and Joan, made this lovely quilt for Vicki who has moved to Vancouver, WA.  They’ll be taking this down before our next meeting, so we won’t see it completed.Georgie

Sherry showed us this fabulous quilt, I’m pretty sure it was for a challenge with her group in California.10.15 002

Another challenge done by Sherry, everyone choose (randomly) a type of candy bar.sherry 1

This is the back of the Snickers quilt, a one-block wonder design that wasn’t working out the way she wanted it to.sherry 2

Sherry has done a lot of One-Block Wonder quilts, and after the meeting she showed us many different fabrics, pointing out what would work or not for these type of quilts.  It really inspired me, I’ve got one started.sherry 4

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you shared these! I had pneumonia, and sure missed out.

    ReplyDelete