Friday, October 22, 2010

Quilt Done

First the artistic shot, on the moss covered rock.  Unfortunately the lighting isn’t the best.

BT Quilt Arty

So I set up another shot, Milo, of course, was helping.

BT Quilt Milo

I saw a picture of a similar quilt on the Oh Fransson blog and drafted out the pattern.  I used 6 inch blocks, so this quilt is 42” x 42”. 

BT Quilt

 

White blocks – cut 6 1/2” square – 16 blocks

Blue striped blocks – cut strips 2” x 6 1/2”, 4 strips sewn together make a 6 1/2” (unfinished) block – 16 blocks

Orange striped blocks - cut strips 2” x 6 1/2”, 4 strips sewn together make a 6 1/2” (unfinished) block – 17 blocks

I admit I had to keep referring to the original picture to arrange the blocks correctly to  create the woven look.

I turning this quilt in today, it’s my donation to this year’s Bonnie’s Team drive, lap quilts given to chemotherapy patients at a local infusion center.

No comments:

Post a Comment