Sunday, August 09, 2009

Sock Summit Marketplace

It was huge, something like 150 vendors selling yarn and knitting related products. There was so much gorgeous fiber, a total visual overload. I got to the point where I just couldn't go in there because I would want whatever I looked at. During my last excursion I found myself with my arms full of yarn, and I put it all back (that store sells everything on-line, so I can get it later).

My last morning I quickly shot a bunch of pictures to record some of it. You can click on any picture to see more detail.

The biggest booth was probably Webs (www.yarn.com)
This was Blue Moon Fiberworks, I purchased some Socks that Rock yarn.
Throughout the marketplace they had winding stations set up so you could get your purchases ready for immediate knitting.
Paradise Fibers had this huge winder that was motorized on their booth, they also donated the winders that were used in the stations mentioned above.

The Sanguine Gryphon always had a huge line. This was right after the market opened on Saturday morning.
A lovely display of socks.



And my LYS store was there, here is Andrea in front of the booth for Apple Yarns.

1 comment:

  1. Margaret G3:20 PM

    Totally impressed! I see several vendors that I order from. Andrea is a cutie!

    Didn't WEBS used to sell just thread? Or was that someone who went out of business a few years back? I can't keep up. I can certainly see why you had yarn overload. I would have just sat on the floor and cried. Then have to have a few people help me back on my feet again. lol

    Looks like a grand time was had by all and sundry.

    ReplyDelete