Saturday, June 20, 2009

Disappearing 9-Patch

I've been doing the Disappearing 9-patch block a lot lately, its great for using scraps and for making quick charity quilts. You can find many variations of this design, in a nutshell you make a 9-patch block, cut it into 4 equal pieces, and then re-arrange. If you need more info let me know and I'll find the link that got me started.

The What Knots are doing these quilts to donate to Bonnies' Team for local chemo patients, mine is the Red and Yellow Quilt that I recently completed. I've also done a Batik Quilt top, waiting for quilting.

The DIL of one of my long time on-line friends is going through chemo, so our group is putting together a quilt for her. I'm collecting the blocks and am now playing with the arrangement, there are so many possibilities

#1, I haven't tried this before, I saw a neat one done with sashing which I may try on a later quilt
#2, this is the same arrangement as my Red and Yellow Quilt
#3, same arrangement as my Batik Quilt.

#4, a very symmetrical arrangement.

What do you think? I'm leaning toward #1 or 2. There are still a few more blocks in the mail so I have time to decide, but I think I'm about ready to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment