Thursday, October 09, 2008

Pumpkin Hat

Doing some Internet browsing yesterday, I found a cute pumpkin like hat, with leaves on the top. Since I knew I was going to my knit group, I could go the the yarn store afterwards to get supplies. But once inside one of my friends quickly spied this pattern, which they also had made up in kits. Of course looking at the sample really sold us.
Pumpkin Hat Pattern - here's a link to the web site with a better picture of the pattern.

I didn't like any of the color combinations in the kits so I ended up buying full skeins of the 2 colors. I also was very good and bought my own copy of the pattern even though my friend bought the kit, I knew I wanted to dive right in and look what I got done last night.

On the far right is the "leaves" which were much easier than I expected. Next you start on the lower part of the hat (the top knitting) and the leaves get joined on before you change to the orange part. I am very anxious to get back to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment