Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cute Baby

My niece Stephanie posted this picture of her son Rhys wearing the sweater I knit for him, isn't he a cutie! Sweater is still a bit big, which is good for a growing boy, I really appreciate seeing him in it.

I got this quilt top done, simple piecing, 9 patch blocks that are cut apart are reassembled. This is my second attempt at this project, I originally started it using some cat fabric I had but was getting frustrated with my choices. So I stared over with a planned pallet of fabric, which enabled me to keep going. I used 4" strips to make the 9 patch blocks, this top is about 35" x 40".

To create this quilt I made 4 blocks each of 4 color combinations (16 blocks). I placed the dark purple in the corners of the 9 patch, the same gold fabric in the center of each block, and a coordinating light fabric in between. Once the 9 patch blocks are sewn, you cut them into 4 even blocks and reassemble, there are many possibilities.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:31 PM

    Awww. The baby is precious and so is his sweater. I swear you must knit with the speed of light. I can't even begin to keep up.

    The quilt top is gorgeous. I love purples anyway and this one just begs a person to cuddle up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute sweater! AND Baby!
    He looks so angelic.
    Can't wait to see the quilt top in person, it looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got the adorable pumpkin hat! He wore it to central park this weekend but unfortunately it was so rainy, we couldn't risk the camera getting wet. There's a picture of him in it at home on my flickr though. Thank you so much! It's adorable...and warm.

    ReplyDelete