Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Knitting

I have started Fetching fingerless gloves, the lighting and yarn variegation makes it hard to see the lovely cables that will be around the wrist. I'm knitting them on 2 circular needles, I found the second set of size 6 circulars (with a 36" cord) in the depths of my stash, purchased at least 25 years ago. The length and curl in the cord adds a bit of a challenge.
Completed 2 more scarves, the solid blue one is crocheted. The other is random blocks of color knit with the garter stitch, I must admit I have a lot more respect for the garter stitch now, I'm really pleased with this simple scarf.

And I finally broke down and bought The Opinionated Knitter so I have the pattern for the Baby Surprise Jacket, now to get the gumption to start it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:10 AM

    Olivia wants a matching hat and scarf. I was thinking of garter stitch last night. One of my favorites. After seeing yours, I'm even more convinced that's what I want to do.

    The Addi Turbo needle cables tend to curl & kink just from being stored. I read, but haven't tried, heating water and soaking the cable in it for a few minutes will take the kink/curl out. I don't think you'd want boiling, but close to it.

    ReplyDelete