Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tree Limbs

Yesterday we had a guy come up to cut down some limbs off the group of trees that is close to the house so that more sun can get into the solar collector. Below is some of the mess on the lawn, primarily from the maple tree.

The good news is that there will be much less raking this fall.
Another view giving you a size perspective with Jessie in the picture.
There were some expected casualties, here's what's left of some zinnias and a dahlia. Their days were numbered anyway.

If you want more info on the solar project go to Dave's Blog. He's also got info on a web cam that he set up to watch the digital read out of the temperature in the solar collector. Pretty dull viewing to the public but exciting to us as we watch the water tanks heat up.

I've been knitting and crocheting. One of my knitting friend's daughter teaches 1st graders in a pretty poor area and we decided to knit scarves for them for Christmas. First one in a basket weave pattern is done unless I decide it needs fringe. Now I'm crocheting granny squares for the next scarf. I'm using some acrylic yarn I had sitting around, I have mixed feelings about it and probably will avoid buying any pure acrylic again.

No comments:

Post a Comment