Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday Tour

Predicted clouds are moving in so it's good I took pictures this morning.
Dave said I needed to share a picture of the pond, so he took one for me this morning.




My birthday present was this Gnome. When we were at the Garden show this winter I was admiring some gnomes, if you are a fan of The Amazing Race you'll know about those cute Travelocity gnomes. Dave checked out the selection of gnomes at the local garden shop and felt this one was the least threatening, since he's sleeping he's not giving you the evil eye. Now to find to perfect spot for him, how about under the Smoke Tree?

First Dahlia to bloom.


Sweet Peas on the Vine


Sophie checking out Gnome on the grass


And a Sunflower has opened.

Delphinium

Now, this seems like home!

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen a shaggy dahlia like that before. I am used to a more common sunflower. Your is really neat the the brown on the petals. Your little gnome looks like he found some good spots to catch the Z's.

    ReplyDelete