Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday Snippets

I felt the need to add some fiber into my diet, so I got out this lovely sock yarn to wind into balls.

The challenge was to make 2 even sized balls, I'm thinking about trying to knit 2 socks at the same time, on 2 circular needles.
The picture makes them look more even than they are, but I think they will work out. I started a gauge swatch and then tried some lace patterns which weren't successful so these are temporarily dropped.

I have challenged myself to finish my knitted bear this weekend, finished the ears and started sewing him together last night.

Back to our regularly scheduled flower pictures.

A better shot of the Bellflowers in the sun
Rock Roses are so cheery!
Close up, such fun textures.
Finally Shasta Daisies, they are basically wild I just try to keep them in check. Lovely weekend in store, so inspiring when the little weather icons are just sunshine so I'm off for some morning weeding.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:33 PM

    I love the pictures of the flowers, Karen. Shasta Daisies are among my favorites.

    That yarn is scrumptious. I wish you the best of luck in doing 2 socks at a time. I tried both the 2 needle method and the Magic Loop method. Either way, I just ended up with a tangled mess. Even when putting each skein in a separate baggie with a hole in one corner.

    I'm sure I do it wrong but don't care to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My shasta daisies have died out. after seeing yours, I think I need to add them back into my gardens.

    ReplyDelete