Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Industriousness

Industriousness is probably not a real word, but in spite of our continued lovely weather which requires time on the lounge chair by the pond reading, I have been getting things done.
They baby sweater is completed. I have some issues with it that maybe taking a step back will help. I hope it will be wearable.
Didn't quite make my weekend goal to finish the bear, but he is stuffed and sewn together. He needs some details before he is ready for his formal pose.
I've been making some Cool Ties that I'm sending to The Ships Project.
And in a fit of "casting on" I have 2 new projects started. The gray is another Helmet Liner, I felt the need for a project that I can mindlessly knit. I was also inspired to try knitting 2 socks at the same time on 2 circular needles. A little confusing at times but going OK. Yarn is Sophie's Toes Good Earth. After the ribbing I'm going to do a leaf lace pattern.
You thought I might do a post without a flower picture??? Single Poppy, I really love the seed pods of this one (lower left). The flowers don't last very long and once the petals drop the seed pods stay. There is a lovely grouping on this plant that I'll try to photograph.

2 comments: