Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rediscovered

Look what I found, well more accurately was inspired to pull out.

This was a group project the What Knots did over 2 years ago. You provided a theme fabric, (mine was the yellow leaf print which is the background of the bottom leaf applique). Each month one of the participants would make a strip of blocks, the size of the blocks wasn't important but the actual length of the strip was - 36".

When I got mine back I couldn't imagine it all going together, but doesn't this look great! Amazing what time does to your perceptions. I'm contemplating another row of large blocs for the bottom to balance it out. For now it's on my studio floor with the yellow leaf fabric as side borders, looks good!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:25 PM

    I am loving the colors and the composition. A funky border to pull it all together and your done! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:56 PM

    Those yellows are perfect for this time of year. The promise of dreary winter behind and warm summer days ahead.

    Love it, Karen. Maybe it just needed time to percolate in your closet.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete