Monday, February 11, 2008

Finish-itis

Yesterday I felt compelled to get some projects finished as today is my small quilt group meeting and I wanted to have something to show. I had decided that I was going to leave the winter quilt simple and just finish it as it was, no border and a facing instead of binding.

At the last minute I decided to add a few beads, stars in the sky. I overdid the beads at first but then eleminated some back to this scattering. The batik fabrics are a bit richer than they show in this picture.

I also decided to get "my" tote bag done.
I had originally put these fabrics together as a gift, but then I realized they really were MY colors so I'm keeping it.
On Friday we made a quick trip to Seattle to visit Kim and she took me to So Much Yarn. And there was, and it was lovely, and yes I bought.
The green will be Knitty's "Mr. Greenjeans Sweater" and the purple is going to be a beret for Kim. I really like the "Gemma Beret" pattern from Rowan yarns, but the instructions are in "British" which is different from American knitting instructions, so I'm going to see if I can figure out how to translate it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:49 AM

    Those few beads were the perfect icing on the piece, Karen.

    I liked the sweater. What color did you get to make it? The stuff shown in the bottom photo? They sure do look good together.

    BTW, I got 40" cable for my Denise needles and The Magic Loop book. So simple. I knit a whole fingerless mitt last night. All I have left to do is 5 rounds for the thumb. I'm ready to branch out away from gloves for awhile

    Oh yes. The Magic Loop method is even easier that the 2 needle method. You get a rhythm going and it's quite soothing.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Even though I do not knit, I found this site helpful with conversions to American english, not to mention great free patterns:
    http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/kategori_oversikt.php
    And here is the conversion page:
    http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/includes/pinnestr.php
    I love the yarn, beautiful colors.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete