Monday, February 11, 2008

Finish-itis

Yesterday I felt compelled to get some projects finished as today is my small quilt group meeting and I wanted to have something to show. I had decided that I was going to leave the winter quilt simple and just finish it as it was, no border and a facing instead of binding.

At the last minute I decided to add a few beads, stars in the sky. I overdid the beads at first but then eleminated some back to this scattering. The batik fabrics are a bit richer than they show in this picture.

I also decided to get "my" tote bag done.
I had originally put these fabrics together as a gift, but then I realized they really were MY colors so I'm keeping it.
On Friday we made a quick trip to Seattle to visit Kim and she took me to So Much Yarn. And there was, and it was lovely, and yes I bought.
The green will be Knitty's "Mr. Greenjeans Sweater" and the purple is going to be a beret for Kim. I really like the "Gemma Beret" pattern from Rowan yarns, but the instructions are in "British" which is different from American knitting instructions, so I'm going to see if I can figure out how to translate it.