Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dan Fogelberg


One of my favorite artists/songwriters from the 70's was Dan Fogelberg. I loved his voice, his wonderful melodies and the stories his songs tell. A few years ago I did an internet search to see what he was up to and found out he had Prostrate Cancer.


This morning I received an e-mail from Amazon.com with a link to newly released song Sometimes a Song by Dan Fogelberg, the Prostrate Cancer Fund will receive all proceeds from this.


I found an article from the New York Times last month that said he had died. I am saddened by the loss of a wonderful artist and also a part of my "youth". I have a wonderful 4 CD set of his "Greatest Hits" that I was listening to recently. Each of his songs create such vivid images in my mind of the story he is telling.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:44 AM

    I didn't know about this, Karen. How sad to lose such a wonderful talent at such an early age. Even tho I'm a bit ahead of your age group, I've always enjoyed his music.

    You present a nice tribute to him here. Thank you.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete