Sunday, January 13, 2008

How to Cure a Back Ache

Thursday morning I was getting ready for work and somehow twisted wrong and felt a twinge in my lower back. I painfully managed to get myself to work but after a half hour in the chair I went home and spent the day on the floor with a heating pad. By evening I could move reasonably so I crawled into bed and stupidly slept in my usual position, on my side.

Friday I was back on the floor and eventually realized that any twisting did me in. When I crawled into bed Friday night I vowed to sleep on my back but around 3:30 I woke again extremely uncomfortable so I moved to the recliner in the living room. I will admit that I fell while crossing the family room, but I just assumed it was from the back ache. After a restless few hours I got up, felt reasonable so I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of orange juice. Suddenly things started spinning. Just like the cliche, my next thought was "why is my head hurting?" followed by "why am I lying on the cold tile floor?". Dave heard the clunk and came running, we eventually decided to go to the ER and get checked out.

Luckily it was quiet in the ER when we went in, got seen pretty quickly and after lots of tests including a CAT scan and EKG, they couldn't find any problems other than the huge lump on the back of my head. But as we were going through all this, which did include some twisting and turning, my back didn't really hurt at all.

I spent the day on the couch with lots of ibuprofen and my family at my beck and call. Today I am trying to return slowly to the land of the living but it sure was fun being waited on. I think I may have a relapse or two around meal times.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:40 PM

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

    ReplyDelete