Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

This lovely pumpkin was in an e-mail I received this morning with lots of wonderful Halloween pumpkin pictures. Some of them are from Extreme Pumpkins, lots of good stuff there if you are so inclined. Since my kids are older I've lost the urge to do up Halloween, I didn't even buy a pumpkin this year, and the box of decorations sits unopened in the attic. I did buy candy yesterday, we are a little remote for trick or treaters but we love our chocolate. And I remembered at the last minute my tradition of doing a crock pot full of chili so I'll start that soon.

Yesterday my much anticipated order from Knit Picks arrived. I was not particularly pleased with the speed of their service, but the product looks good.
I ordered their set of interchangeable circular knitting needles, which comes with this lovely case.
I also ordered the 16" size 4 circular that I needed to finish up this lovely leaf hat. I meant to take a picture in progress (actually I did but it didn't turn out well) to show you my method of knitting a hat with too long circular needles. I accomplished this by knitting with one double pointed needle for a portion of the circumference of the hat. If you find yourself in a dire situation of not having a short enough circular needle, let me know and I'll try to give you more specific instructions. It worked pretty slick but it was nice to do the final ribbing on the right sized needles.
To give you a better view of the completed hat I coerced Matt into modeling it, but I should have straightened it out better. The pattern is the Foliage hat from Knitty.com
knit with Lion Brand Cotton Ease yarn.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment