Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Sock Knitting

My creative quilting attempts this week have not worked out and I've been quite frustrated, so I've turned to knitting. It seems to satisfy and soothe me. I found this gorgeous yarn I bought a year ago and started another pair of socks. Although beautiful, they will be a bit challenging to the recipient as it isn't washable wool, just regular wool, so they will have to be hand washed and dried.

I'm using the directions from the book Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. I had purchased this book before my first sock attempt and it was a bit confusing, but now that I'm an "experienced" sock knitter it's a great resource for lots of patterns and figuring out your own patterns. This is one of the Four-Stitch Ribbing Patterns, called Baby Cable Rib, very easy and has a nice look too. I've actually got the sock done except finishing off the toe, I did it once but it was very messy, so last night I undid it and will try again, following the directions this time.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice and toasty looking, Karen. Love the yarn. You are getting quite good at these socks. Are you using your new needles?

    ReplyDelete