Thursday, August 30, 2007

Road Trip

At noon on Friday I’m going to hit the road. I’m going down to northern California, Humboldt State Univ., my alma mater. My friend Linda’s daughter is going to school there, she’s the goalie for their soccer team and this weekend they are having some sort of parents weekend. Her husband can’t go so I said I’d come along, check out my old stomping grounds and visit some friends I haven’t seen in 15 years or so. It’s 12 hours of driving each way, we’re going to break it up over 2 days and just have a Road Trip. Got the GPS, though it’s pretty straightforward directions; I checked out some books on CD from the library, you can only chat so long; and there’s snacks – we’ll munch our way down the road.

I'm packing a book to read, socks to knit and my camera. I hope to come back with some interesting pictures to share. See ya next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment