Sunday, July 15, 2007

Kitten!!

We found a kitten. (I've yet to get a good picture of her, but I'm sure you'll see more) It was a little frustrating, but eventually we got a woman at the Humane Society to help us and we adopted this kitten. Her name was Pepper Corn, we've considered calling her Pepper, but Kim and I are partial to Sophie.

She's only 10 weeks old, but she has already been spayed. I didn't realize they did it so young, they have a laser procedure now. She's playful and affectionate, but we have a problem in that she hasn't used her cat box yet. I thought that was instinctual, but she doesn't seem to like the box and has peed twice on the carpet. Dave is out buying another type of litter to try. I was surprised that she slept through the night, of course it was under the covers cuddled up next to me. When we told Kim that we had a kitten she was so excited she came home for her day off today even though she wasn't planning on it. The kitten is getting lots of attention from the whole family, well except the dog, they are both a little wary of each other, kitten hisses and bristles her tail whenever the dog is near. These things take time
I mentioned in a previous post a blue flower in my yard that I didn't know the name of. Here's a picture. The petals are paper like. It's hard to see the leaves in this picture, they are on the right hand side of the picture, long and skinny and more blue-green than the leaves you see under the flowers in the picture. Anyone know what this is called?
Look at all the buds on this Echinacea! It's going to be gorgeous.

This is my new piece of yard art that I bought at a craft fair in Sisters, Oregon. I just love this type of rusted metal pieces in the yard. This one is about 3' tall.

I also have this great leaping frog. Can you believe I got him at JoAnn Fabrics a few years ago? I have a few other pieces, a bumble bee out of rebar and a kitty made of odds and ends.
Look a completed sock! Finally I have one completed. When we went on vacation I took along an orange sock I had started using 4 double pointed needles, but I was getting very frustrated. I had seen a book where you knit your socks on 2 circular needles, so I found a lovely yarn store in Bend, Oregon - Juniper Fiberworks, where I purchased the book, circular needles and yarn for 2 pair of socks. I love this method and it really is simple. The key, as the helpful woman at Juniper told me, is to knit with 2 needles that are connected.
Pattern: Simple Sock in Three Sizes from Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles by Cat Bordhi.

Yarn: Regia 4 ply - color Strato Slate

No comments:

Post a Comment