Thursday, March 01, 2007

Knitting for Dolphins

There was a report on my local TV new last week about training dolphins to patrol around Navy bases to watch for terrorists. At the time I thought it was an interesting concept, but didn’t think anything more. Another brief report last night sent me searching the internet and I found the site:

Knitting for Dolphins

Apparently they are intending to use these dolphins at a base north of Seattle, and these dolphins are native to warmer climates. In an attempt to bring attention the fact that putting these dolphins in colder water is not healthy for them, a group is knitting items to keep the dolphins warm. Of course they are not collecting knitted items for the dolphins; this is just a symbolic gesture to bring attention to the situation. From what I’ve read, they want people to show up at public hearings with their yarn and knitting needles as a form of protest.

Still… power to the knitters!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment