Saturday, February 24, 2007

Links - Famous People

Anna Marie Horner published a tutorial of a quick way (using aluminum foil) to make applique shapes, hers are circles which are part of a new quilt she's designed. If you haven't checked out her blog, go take a look. It's just gorgeous. She also has a new fabric line coming out this spring.

I added a comment to her blog to share with her that when I learned this technique, oh so many years ago, I used spray starch, sprayed into a cup and then painted on the edge of the fabric, before folding it over with foil and ironing. Also I used heat resistant template plastic to make my shape, she just uses cardboard. After posting the comment I realized that fabric wet with starch might not be good for the cardboard.

And in other news, my internet friend Mary Beth Frezon has a quilt that is part of the 2007 Fiberarts for a Cause Invitational Reverse Auction.. Oh, and BTW she also had a quilt accepted in the 2007 Quilt National.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the links, will be checking them out. I love to do hand applique. What kind of thread do you prefer for that? I like to use silk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the links, will be checking them out. I love to do hand applique. What kind of thread do you prefer for that? I like to use silk.

    ReplyDelete