Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Gray vs Grey

Kim called and asked me if I knew the difference between grey and gray. I didn't at the time but with a little internet research I found out that both are correct, gray is considered the American spelling, while grey is the British version. If you want to know more try http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=235359

Spelled either way, that's what our skies look like, and the prediction is more of the same, with lots of rain thrown in. I have heard the sounds of spring, the frogs started up their chorus the other evening, gets downright noisy outside with all of them. Lying in bed this morning I heard an owl hooting in trees, that is until the dog caught sent of her, then all I heard was barking.

1 comment:

  1. For once, our ends of the country are the same, Karen. Grey/gray and chilly. Or is that chili?


    Our snow of last Friday is melting rapidly with the warmer temps, longer daylight and a bit of rain. The robins can get to the worms now. And they have all the mud they could ever need for nest building.

    I would love to hear an owl. (; Enjoy the spring.

    ReplyDelete