Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Easily Distracted by Shiny Things

I went into Joann Fabrics this afternoon to kill time before an appointment and look for a quilt book to use my 40% off coupon on. Instead I got distracted... they were having a 40% off sale of all beads and jewelry making items.


I have been thinking about wearing necklaces again. Until I had kids I always had a necklace on, now they bother me, but I really like the way a necklace can dress up a t-shirt and jeans.

I was looking for the book "French Braid Quilts". I saw several quilts at the show I went to on Sunday that were made from this book, I think I'd like to try one. Maybe Amazon has a used copy.
I did manage to score some fabric. After the quilt show, we just had to stop at a few shops on the way home....

Although I wasn't looking for it, I stumbled across the black background fabric with the Gerber daisies on it to go with the white background I previously bought. When I drafted out the quilt I realized the designer used a different fabric, one with 7" daisies instead of the 3" ones I bought, so if I do that quilt it will be a miniature! but maybe I'll design something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment