Thursday, October 19, 2006

I Coulda Slept In!

This would have been a great morning to sleep later, but I didn't find out until I was showered and dressed that Matt has a late arrival at school today. I drop him off on my way to work, so he gets there 2 hours before he has to, a couple of his friends get there early too so he doesn't mind too much. Of course I think it would be a great homework time...

Kim is going to make a whirlwind trip home this weekend. She's skipping her Friday afternoon class (she assured me it's OK with her teacher - she's missing a field trip) so she should be here by 4:00 and then has to leave to head back at 10:00 Saturday morning to make it in time for work.


Here's what she did when she came home earlier this month, no that's not a pen drawing, that's a tatoo!!! She had been talking about it for a long time, I kept expressing my disapproval, but she went ahead and did it. At least it's somewhere where I won't have to see it, unless she's wearing a bathing suit!! I was really hoping after she surprised me with the belly button piercing last month, that she had given up on the tatoo. She also has 3 piercings in each ear and a small stud in her nose. Sigh!

Simplier plans for this visit, find more warm clothes and do some sewing. I gave her my old Sears Kenmore sewing machine, so I'm not sure why she needs to do her sewing here, probably because I have more accessories. Her proposed projects include taking in some jeans to make them have the skinny leg that is so popular right now, and working on her Halloween costume, she want to be Peter Pan.

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to this post, Karen. I have 3 grandkids with tattos and 4 with piercings. If push comes to shove, I guess I'd vote for the piercings as they are easy to remove when the kids are tired of them. Tattoos are bit dicier.

    ReplyDelete