Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Driving Practice

I had Matt drive on our trip to school this morning. He's been driving for almost 6 months, in a couple of weeks he'll be able to get his license. Even though he's been 16 since August, you have to have your permit for 6 months before you can get your license in Washington. I usually drive to school because it's easier to just drop him off, but he needs to practice in the congestion around the school, and as an added bonus it was dark and rainy this morning.

Matt has the skill of driving down, but I worry about his decision making, knowing when it's safe to pull out making turns. Guess he'll have to do the drive home from school, getting out of the school parking lot - making a left turn onto a busy street, will be good practice - with me in the car to yell STOP!!! if it looks like he's going to pull out in front of someone.



Here's a picture of Matt I took yesterday. I made him pose for me wearing an apron I made for his sister, it was too bright so you can't see the apron well, but he looks good!

No comments:

Post a Comment