Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fabric Fondling

I've been thinking for quite a while about doing a leaf quilt this fall, finally I have something to show. Everything is fused, the outline squares are just sitting on the background fabric right now as I contemplate if this is really what I want, but I'm pretty sure I won't be making any changes.

The background fabric and the fabric that the leaves are fused on to are both ones I dyed in my class last month. Hurrah! I actually used some of it. The piece below (I did all 1/2 yard pieces) is my favorite of the 12 pieces we did. I keep staring at it, I think I just want to cut it into large pieces and use it in a simple design, it's too gorgeous to cut into small pieces. If anyone has any good ideas, I'd love to hear them. I keep coming back to using a solid black, but that seems so predictable.

I swear, while I was at work today someone came and vaccumed the leaves off the trees that line a road I drive every day. It's weird to see one section of trees with no leaves while most of the other trees around town still have plenty, but it's probably just a variety of tree that loses it's leaves early.

1 comment:

  1. That fabric is just one big WOW, so I agree with you on keeping it in big hunks!

    And while black may be predictable, try it out and see if it doesn't make it all glow

    ReplyDelete