Sunday, January 01, 2012

A Good Start


Dahlia Quilt
30" x 33"

How's this for starting off the year, finishing a quilt. I'm not a big one for resolutions but I do want to put a dent in the pile of all those partially done projects.

This quilt was started in July at the Sisters Quilt Show, when I took a class from Melinda Bula. We worked from a pattern and spent most of the 2 days just cutting all the pieces, it is all fused on.

I did a good portion of the machine quilting on my guild retreat in October, and finally did the last of it. I debated different bindings, I was really planning on using orange piping to bring the center color out to the edges, but then decided that wasn't what it needed. I used Melody Johnson's Escape Hatch Finish


3 comments:

  1. Your dahlia quilt is wonderful! Love the colors, shading and dimension...would love to see the stitching up close..bring it to guild this month?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog.
    Happy new year from Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:27 AM

    Karen,
    enjoyed viewing your photography website...
    all the best and a wonderful 2012.
    watch 3ABN @ www.3abn.org

    ReplyDelete