Saturday, January 15, 2011

Project Progress

I’ve decided to document some of my recent and in-progress projects, the intention is to encourage me to continue on and complete what I’ve intended.

yarn projects

On the left is the start of a crochet hat, made from some lovely Noro Silk Garden yarn that was in my stash.  And yes, I ran out of before I finished.  Now what?  I love the colors so the next step would be to see if I can find some similar yarn to finish it off, I want to add a brim because that style of hat looks best on me.

Next is a crochet jar cover .  I’ve seen this idea several places, the latest with instructions is

http://www.naturenutnotes.com/2011/01/crochet-votive-tutorial.html

You put a tea light in the jar, either real or battery, they look lovely grouped together.

And with some Christmas present yarn I knitted a neck warmer for Dave to wear while motorcycle riding (rust colored, bottom center)

sewing

I would like to draw regularly to improve my skills, so I’ve been following a couple of challenges on blogs, but not really doing them.  There is a fun Zentangle weekly challenge, and a lot of Art Quilters are participating in a Sketchbook Challenge.

I’ve lost my desire to do this month’s project for my small art group, to make a quilt block in different color schemes.  I did the first one, monochromatic, but now I’m thinking I’d rather put my time into different things.

I had this urge to sew  a summer top to wear when we are in the Bahamas next month, why do I start these things?, I really don’t enjoy sewing clothes anymore.  I bought the zipper I needed, so it will be pretty quick to finish.

 

supplies

Here are some recent acquisitions.  Kim bought me a great sketchbook for Christmas, and I got a Field Watercolor set to add color to my drawings.  Also some new pens and a Zentangle for Fabric book from Matt.

milo again

 

And of course while I was trying to stage these items for my photo shoot, Milo felt that this was just the spot he needed to be.

3 comments:

  1. Karen, just found your blog through clicking on "next blog" button, I do that sometimes and find some wonderful ones. Milo is just doing what a cat has to do when their people put such warm inviting things down for them. It doesn't matter if it's your WIP or an expensive dress or wrap, they think it's for THEM. My cat Bob (the female) does just the same LOL.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Christine in sunny Sydney Australia
    http://missmuffettwo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:36 PM

    please pass on to the hipsters that are in Bellingham! used to live in kendal mt Baker Rocks!
    check our blog. stretchin words to the brink, daily.
    www.roadrunnerlogik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed - sometimes a cat just has to do that ;) I've got a few that could be siblings to your Milo, although they rarely get to make photographic appearances (guess they're not quite as nosy or I've just gotten better at shooting them off). Very beautiful quilts and lovely pictures of your trip. It looks like a wonderful place to be right now in all this cold!

    ReplyDelete