Saturday, January 02, 2010

Chicken Alfredo with Spinach


My most successful creative endeavors lately have been food. The family is used to "Karen Surprise" where I throw together what I have, usually with mixed results. But lately most of my "Karen Surprises" have come out pretty good, so I'm going to add some of my cooking results to this blog.

Chicken Alfredo with Spinach

2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, chopped
3 boneless chicken breasts
1 jar Classico Creamy Alfredo Sauce (16 oz)
1 package frozen spinach
3 -4 tablespoons prepared Pesto, I used Kirkland Cibo Naturals Pesto - from Costco
Penne Pasta, about 8 oz dry

Heat olive oil in large skillet, add onion and garlic and saute slightly. Cut chicken into cubes, add to pan and cook till done.

Microwave spinach until warm. Add Alfredo Sauce and spinach to the pan, stir in pesto to taste. Season with salt and pepper.

Cook penne pasta in boiling water until done. Drain and add to the chicken mixture.

Additions that might be good: chop 1 red bell pepper and add in to onions and garlic; Sliced mushrooms would be tasty too.

If you try my recipes, I would love to hear how it goes, or even if you think you might try them.

2 comments:

  1. Margaret G7:25 AM

    Not only does this recipe sound good, it looks good.
    You are turning into one heck of a photographer, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. Since I am the only mushroom fan, we usually add some sort of nut to dishes we make. I might try pine nuts to this one!

    ReplyDelete