Saturday, November 07, 2009

Saturday Wrap Up

Best laid plans and all that, my first week of “Art Everyday” was a bust. But some creative work was accomplished.

white sweater

This sweater is finally complete, a mere 5 months on the needles.

white sweater on

It’s hard to take a picture of yourself, but here’s what I got of it on.

wrist warmers

New project cast on, fingerless gloves knit from Mini Mochi yarn. I love the yarn, but it’s a very thin fingering weight so it’s a bit hard to work with. And for some reason this pattern is proving difficult for me, but I’m going to stick with it.

tree quilt

For Day 2 of Art Everyday, I started this small piece. I saw a great video from someone’s blog about machine embroidery, and I wanted to try it. I feel this is mostly a success, but the green fabric I used is too dark and hides the work. I’ve auditioned some border fabric, but am hesitant to put more work in it when I’m unhappy with some of it. Any suggestions?

bird tea light

Shopping treasure – isn’t this the cutest tea light container, I found it at Tuesday Morning and bought 4 since they were only $1.50 each. Now to use them.

black cat & pumpkin man

And while I was browsing Joanne Fabric, I found these cuties on the clearance isle, 70% off. So for $1.49 each I have some fun Halloween presents for next year, if I remember that I have them.

1 comment:

  1. MargaretG5:24 AM

    The sweater turned out great, Karen. And definitely your color!

    That yarn for the gloves is gorgeous, but I'm not sure I could handle that thin a yarn. I've seen that pattern, but have never thought to try it.

    Love your cuties you bought. Great deals.

    ReplyDelete