Monday, November 02, 2009

Art Every Day Month

 

I’m going to try and participate in the Art Every Day challenge for the month of November.  The rules are very loose, and I’m posting this before I go do all the official stuff, just to get me going.

And, in the perfect timing category, I finally got “The Artist’s Way” from the library.

Yesterday I was out in the yard, these leaves on the Smoke Tree caught my eye, so I made my rounds with the camera.

 

smoke tree

I do love color and texture, the leaves, the moss, and the rocks.

zinnia

The last few Zinnias still blooming.

dahlia

And these Dahlias are still going strong.

geranium

I just love the leaves of this scented geranium.  I tried to get one started from a cutting, but it didn’t root, I guess I can try again.

pink dahlia

 

pond

 

crab apples

These are mini crab apples, about the size of a quarter.

wood

Interesting texture from the wood pile.  I’m please with my photography.  My other creative efforts of the day included a batch of apple sauce and a round of dried apple slice in the dehydrator.  I’d call day 1 a success!

6 comments:

  1. Your photos are phenomenal and really do show beautiful color, texture and line! A very creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love The Artist's Way. I have worked through it six times now.

    Your photos are so vivid I feel like I can step right into them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mm, what yummy pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MargaretG8:13 AM

    You do pretty darned well with that new camera. New-ish, anyway. Beautiful colors. I love fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You still have some colorful beauty in your yard. Ours is mostly brown or gold now, all the flowers are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! i'm wondering if you still have this yellow dahlia growing in your yard. (i suppose that you don't know if your tubers made it or not.) i'm asking because it looks like one that i used to have. i also live in bellingham and mine rotted in our very wet spring last year. i'm looking all over for it and it looks like a variety that isn't grown anymore!! if you are willing to part with a tuber, i'd love to buy one or trade you. i make batik fabrics, which you might like for your projects...? i just love that lemon flower and will miss it now that it's gone!

    ReplyDelete