Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fabric Folding

The bulk of my fabric collection resides on these bookshelves. OK if I really admit all the other places fabric is stored, this is about 1/2 my collection on these 2 bookshelves. In preparation for the remodel I have been going through, sorting and refolding my fabric, these are the shelves that are done.
To Do Pile.
In progress, look at the neat color organization. I am ironing and refolding everything, it's a boring yet meditative process, fun to see "new" fabric and think of what I want to do with it. I'm also listening to a book on tape, which helps the time go by.
And here's what has been culled out. Luckily my quilt guild is having a "garage sale" at their meeting next month, perfect timing.
I went to the Innovations Machine Quilting Conference in Tacoma last Friday, thinking in error that there would be lots of vendors. But it was not crowded so I took lots of pictures of the quilt show, this one was probably my favorite.

Summer by Brenda Hodge of West Kelowna, BC. Here is her statement:
"I was feeling a little uninspired about quilting until I saw this pattern in the August 2009 issue of McCalls Quilting magazine. I thought it would be fun to see if I could quilt and applique at the same time. I quilted the background first, then one at a time spray basted each flower in place and "appli-quilted" it in place. "

3 comments:

  1. Margaret G8:41 AM

    I'm impressed. Can't wait to see more pictures of the show if you have them. Also pics of your re-model in progress. You and Judy are having a good year with re-doing your work rooms. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish I had shelves like that. I keep planning and planning, but never can manage to get to doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you shelve yardage? Cut it into smaller sizes?I have an easier time organizing FQ's, but all the other sizes (1 yard or greater) go in their color coded bins.
    Glad to see the progress

    ReplyDelete