Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fabric Folding

The bulk of my fabric collection resides on these bookshelves. OK if I really admit all the other places fabric is stored, this is about 1/2 my collection on these 2 bookshelves. In preparation for the remodel I have been going through, sorting and refolding my fabric, these are the shelves that are done.
To Do Pile.
In progress, look at the neat color organization. I am ironing and refolding everything, it's a boring yet meditative process, fun to see "new" fabric and think of what I want to do with it. I'm also listening to a book on tape, which helps the time go by.
And here's what has been culled out. Luckily my quilt guild is having a "garage sale" at their meeting next month, perfect timing.
I went to the Innovations Machine Quilting Conference in Tacoma last Friday, thinking in error that there would be lots of vendors. But it was not crowded so I took lots of pictures of the quilt show, this one was probably my favorite.

Summer by Brenda Hodge of West Kelowna, BC. Here is her statement:
"I was feeling a little uninspired about quilting until I saw this pattern in the August 2009 issue of McCalls Quilting magazine. I thought it would be fun to see if I could quilt and applique at the same time. I quilted the background first, then one at a time spray basted each flower in place and "appli-quilted" it in place. "