Monday, June 01, 2009

Contest!

But first, some miscellaneous stuff. Over the weekend I laid these stepping stones. Milo was a big help rolling in the dirt as I was shoveling it out. Here he is resting after all his efforts.
Iris! I had a patch of them that a friend gave me a few years ago, they never bloomed because they were overgrown. Last year I broke the patch up and replanted them in several spots around the yard, and look how lovely. This picture was taken with morning light, I'm going to try again in the evening to see if I can capture the richness of their color.
Here's an "artsy" shot, do you know what this is? Yes, that's the contest, name the above flower.
The prize, this hand made bag. I made it a few years ago for a school auction, no one bid on it so I bought it back, it really is nice if I say so myself. Size is approximately 8" x 11", there is an outside pocket and an inside pocket and it zips close.
Milo of course had to be in the photo shoot.

The official rules: Leave a comment with the name of the flower in the photograph. I will randomly draw a name from the correct answers, I'd be happy to mail international if needed.

Comments are hidden so you can't peek at others answers.

Also, since I hoping I'll find out more who's reading my blog by this, if you identify yourself, where you are from and how you found me, I'd be really happy.

Drawing will be this Friday: June 5, 8 a.m. my time.