Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quilt Show Report - page 3

Here's the last set of pictures from the Quilt show. I photograph quilts that inspire me to create, although I love intricate mariner's compasses and applique, I have no plans to do them anytime soon, so I can enjoy them but I don't take pictures.

This quilt and the one below were part of the membership challenge which was to use a recognizable piece of the challenge fabric and then make a quilt that was predominately red and green. "Challenging Leaves" by Leona Broers (yes, I wrote it down).
"Apple of my Eye" by Mary Ellen Lemen, I love the gradations of the fabrics.


"Hen Party Fever" by Elaine Colvin. Inspiration for this quilt was "Jungle Fever" by Karen Montgomery. 112" x 112"


"Second Hand Pajamas" by Dorothy LeBoeuf. Designed using thrift store fabrics. 67" x 68"


"Putting on the Glitz" by Sim Wisser - a group quilt for an auction. Pattern is from the book "Weekend Wonders" by Pamela Mostek. 65" x 75"

Can you tell I'm attracted to quilts with squares and circles, and scrappy fabrics?

3 comments:

  1. I love the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:39 PM

    Hi Karen,

    I was surprised to find my quilt (Batik Jungle Fever variation) on you Blog. It's an honor to know that you picked this one to add to your report.

    As current President of QA, I want to thank you for coming to the show. Obviously, you had a good time and found inspiration to take home.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine, I know it's controversial to post pictures taken at quilt shows. I always try to credit the maker and if anyone contacts me and asks me to remove pictures of their work I will gladly do it.

    ReplyDelete