Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Enjoying a white Christmas here, in fact getting out will prove difficult with all the snow. The cats are entertained by watching the flakes falling and the birds on the deck. The pond is not frozen over because we have an aerator going.
Meet Melvin my new addition to my reindeer collection. His antlers are great for hanging tiny ornaments on, I made some with wire and beads.
Here's my latest knitting creation from the Fern Glade pattern on Knitty.com. I finished it last week and was stalling on taking the picture, knowing that I was getting a new camera for Christmas, but alas, it is sitting at UPS waiting for the snow to melt so they can deliver. Fed Ex allowed us to pick up our package, but UPS won't so both Dave and my big presents are not here yet.

2 comments:

  1. ooh, I really like Melvin. Where did you find him? Merry Christmas Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:48 AM

    Very nice, Karen. At first, I thought you were getting fancy by doing the kitty picture in b/w. Turned out just to be the effects of light and shadow. Cool!

    Love Melvin. I didn't know you collected reindeer. DD Phyllis collects Santas and I always look forward to seeing them out each year.

    Here's hoping the snow melts soon. What is Dave's big present?

    ReplyDelete