Friday, November 21, 2008

Blogging Break

As some of you know, I had hip replacement surgery on Tuesday. Everything went extremely well and I got out of the hospital on Thursday, which was slightly early, but I was on very "good behavior", being diligent with my exercises and walking because I didn't want to stick around any longer than I had to. How do people in hospitals get any sleep? I had a private room, but there was always noise out in the hall, nurses coming in to check my vitals and cute young Frasier to draw my blood at 3 am. Oh, and one night there was a fire drill and the confused woman announcing it said it was in three different locations (and no I didn't even try to get out of bed) .

My recovery time will be about a month. I probably won't go back to work until the 1st of the year, the company I work for always closes down for the week between Christmas and New Years, this is our slow season. I'm already getting around pretty well, I'm using a walker and will switch to a cane as soon as my confidence gets up. The only soreness I have is from the exercises I'm doing, they are isometric type exercises to keep the muscles in my leg strong and prevent and adhesions as I heal.

So I probably won't have much to report for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are healing well from your hip replacement surgery. I had one in mid-August and it is the best thing that I ever did. My advice - Keep up with the exercises, walk, and steer away from crossing your legs. Best of luck to you as you will be as good as new soon!
    Jamie http://jamiefingaldesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete