Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday Update

Milo loves climbing in this large bag of fiberfill stuffing. He digs in, kneads and purrs contentedly. Yes I worry about suffocation and keep making more holes in the plastic bag. I guess I should just move it but it makes him so happy.
Sophie is having some "corporal cuddling" from Kim, the expression on her face was priceless. Amazingly enough later in the day when I was sitting on the couch crocheting, Sophie crawled up on my lap and napped for about 30 minutes. A very rare occurrence.
This may be my last bouquet, a storm has blown in so I'm not sure how the plants are faring. I'll have to venture out this afternoon and see if there is anything left to take to work.
These tiny zinnias are just so cute, don't you think. I'm already planning when to start my zinnia seeds next year and have a spot in mind that will get lots of sun. When I went out to a local farm this week to buy the cucumbers for the pickles below, I wandered through their field of flowers, lots and lots of dahlias, which are probably my second favorite cut flower, but I'm going to concentrate on Zinnias next year.
Here's is my pickle production. These are Cucumber Chips, more a sweet pickle and are just quickly put up in the refrigerator. The recipe is on the Boxx Berry Farm website. You have to scroll down the page to get to it.
And here is my latest scarf, very quickly crocheted. Margaret, it's very narrow, about 4" wide by 52" long. Do you like the ladder in my studio? DH has been changing my light bulbs to compact fluorescent to save energy.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:07 AM

    I love that blue vase, Karen. It really sets off anything you've put in it all summer.

    If I had any brains, the 2 scarves I'm working on would have been narrower. The next one definitely will me. Jess's scarf pattern called for 20 stitches but I double that and cast on 40.

    The Road Scarf I'm making Shannon called for 40 but could just as easily have been done on 20 or 24.

    I still want to do this crochet one you are showing today.

    BTW, some places decorate with ladders for display.

    ReplyDelete