Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday Tidbits

What is this? It's the back half of a knitted bear. I'm following these instructions, he's fairly small, he's suppose to be about 12" and I think that's going to be about right. I found the yarn on a clearance rack, it's Red Heart Symphony, very fuzzy which I think will make a great bear but is hard to knit with. And I'm using 2 strands because it didn't seem thick enough with just one.
If you noticed the lovely prints in the upper corner of the previous picture, they are by Geninne, I purchased them from her Etsy shop. She did a series of 20, I would love them all but I settled for these 3. Now I need to get frames and find a place to show them off.
First Peony blooms and oh are they gorgeous.
Here's what I picked to have on my desk at work, the fragrance is lovely. They also opened up to their full splendor once I had them in a vase. I have several other plants yet to bloom.
Here's the baby sweater progress. I've stopped because I think the arm hole is too big. That means ripping it back which of course is a major decision but I can practically get my arm in that sleeve. You can start to see that the self striping yarn will have thicker stripes on the sleeve. I'm knitting them with 2 circular needles.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:28 AM

    Your flowers are beautiful. One of the things I remember of my trips thru the PNW is the clear, pure color of the flowers I saw there. Yours look just like I remember. One of the nicest side trips we took was out to Bellingrath Gardens. That was pure pleasure.

    The bear is so cute. Kim said that her SO's dad's SO (got that?) gave her about 5 skeins of yarn. I think they are for me. Kim said she is giving them to me next week. There's no label so I have no idea of the fiber content. I know how to tell with fabric but not yarn. Whatever I do with them will have to be something requiring only one skein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:33 AM

    My brain is MIA. I meant Buchart Gardens, of course. Sheesh! Bellingrath Gardens are gorgeous, too, but they are Southern gorgeous as they are in Alabama. A fabulous place to visit, BTW.

    Sorry about the mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stripey baby sweater! And your peonies are beautiful, too.

    The yarn I used for the stripey baby hat is worsted weight, so any worsted weight yarn will do. I've also made it with dk weight yarn, and it just results in a more floppy fabric.

    ReplyDelete