Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Slipper and Bootie

Yes, Mr. Greenjeans Sweater is totally done and I haven't taken a picture of it. I need something wonderful and coordinating to wear underneath it for a picture. Soon.

On to the next project, I've been working on the knitting part of my felted slippers, and I am not enjoying working with such large knitting needles, they are 13's and they feel too big in my hands. Plus you have to work with 3 needles in the cast off, knitting 2 stitches together from 2 different needles then casting off, not fun at all. What you see on the left side of the picture is 1 slipper without the final sole. I still haven't quite figured out how it will all work, you knit a second sole separately and then do that knitting 2 stitches together off 2 needles and binding off thing again, which I didn't like the first time. All this has to be repeated for the second slipper.

So going in a different direction I decided to start Baby Booties for my niece, since I haven't got the pattern or the yarn for the sweater I want to make.
Notice the size difference, #2 needles vs. #13! I have since moved off those silly double pointed needles back to 2 circulars, oh so much better. I do like the small knitting much better but I've invested a lot in those silly slippers so I'd better keep going on them.