Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Slipper and Bootie

Yes, Mr. Greenjeans Sweater is totally done and I haven't taken a picture of it. I need something wonderful and coordinating to wear underneath it for a picture. Soon.

On to the next project, I've been working on the knitting part of my felted slippers, and I am not enjoying working with such large knitting needles, they are 13's and they feel too big in my hands. Plus you have to work with 3 needles in the cast off, knitting 2 stitches together from 2 different needles then casting off, not fun at all. What you see on the left side of the picture is 1 slipper without the final sole. I still haven't quite figured out how it will all work, you knit a second sole separately and then do that knitting 2 stitches together off 2 needles and binding off thing again, which I didn't like the first time. All this has to be repeated for the second slipper.

So going in a different direction I decided to start Baby Booties for my niece, since I haven't got the pattern or the yarn for the sweater I want to make.
Notice the size difference, #2 needles vs. #13! I have since moved off those silly double pointed needles back to 2 circulars, oh so much better. I do like the small knitting much better but I've invested a lot in those silly slippers so I'd better keep going on them.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:40 PM

    For once, I'm not even tempted to follow in your footsteps, Karen. I've made slippers from various fabrics before and never enjoyed doing them. So, knitting them is not even on my radar.

    I wouldn't mind trying a bag of some sort, though. The big needles throw me a bit. Remember broomstick lace skirts. Yikes. What a pain they were to do.

    ReplyDelete