Friday, April 18, 2008

Fabric Buying

As I was setting up to take some pictures the sun came out so I arranged everything on the table by the window for the best natural light.
Here's the latest thing I've created and it was a couple of weeks ago. I made this flower which I'm considering fusing onto my Bento Box quilt top, if I do many more flowers are needed, maybe some leaves too. But it really would dress up the quilt. It just seemed to take a long time to make that one flower.
Kim found this great decorating idea for her new apartment, and thought she could use some of my stash to create it. I think it would look best with a coordinated set and there are so many neat new large prints around, so I had to go shopping. Here's what I ended up with, the blue fabric on the left is from my stash, they didn't have anything blue in the store that I liked and you know you need an odd number of things. If Kim doesn't like it I realized it will go with the new bedspread I bought, make lovely pillows to decorate the bed.
This is my haul from my first shopping expedition, a store was having a 25% off sale and though I didn't find what I wanted for Kim I still made some purchases, I mean it was a sale.
I picked up this Sunflower pattern at the quilt show last month, but I need more fabric (of course). I have not found much batik fabric in yellow/gold. There is lots of brown/gold but I'm looking for something brighter for the petals. That one yellow I got is really bright but I think will add to the quilt. I'm also collecting greens for the leaves.
Speaking of Greens, here's where I am on my Mr. Greenjeans sweater knitting, I've really slowed down. I am almost done with the first sleeve. This picture looks weird because I have the sweater folded in half for some reason.
Another shot to give your the detail of the cables on the lower half of the sweater and sleeve.
It's Friday afternoon and I'm having a hard time figuring out what I want to get done this weekend. The weather man is calling for snow, we've had some flurries off and on today so I'm not planning on any yard work. If there is enough snow for the official weather recorders to note, it will the the lasted day ever that it snowed here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:15 PM

    I love this yarn. And the cables really make the outfit. Knit from the neck down, right?

    The fabrics are lovely and what a good deal you got. Either you or Kim are going to make out like a bandit with them. If Kim doesn't care for them, you realize that means another shopping expediiton, don't you? hee hee

    ReplyDelete