Saturday, December 22, 2007

Fun with Glue Gun

It's been a hectic week, not so much of what I had to do, but all the things going on around me distracted me from what I wanted to be doing. Finally, yesterday I just closed the door to my studio, turned up the music and got out some crafting supplies to make Christmas Ornaments.

Quite a number of year ago, when Kim was in Elementary school, I was a Girl Scout leader and always on the look out for craft ideas. After Christmas one year they had these paper mache ornaments for super cheap so I bought at least 100 of them, and since then they have sat in a box in the attic.
I save pretty stamps, once I collaged some onto a tray which came out quite nice, but now I was thinking about these stamps on the ornaments. It didn't come together like it was in my mind, but I like it. I know there is another bag of stamps around somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.
Next I got out my button tin and the glue gun and went to town. I added some beads and trim to fill in the rest. I only stopped because I didn't have any more refills for the glue gun.

So I'd better get all this cleaned up and get back to the sewing. Also this week I had planned on doing a batch of cookies each afternoon, I did one last Sunday and that was it. Now I have some dough chilling in the refrigerator, we'll see how many batches I do before I get tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment