Wednesday, October 17, 2007

PIQF - report 2

I went to have my hair cut this afternoon and Pam, who besides being my stylist (is that the right term?) is also in my small quilt group. She said she was anxiously awaiting my next post of my trip and more pictures. Wonderful encouragement!!! Someone is reading.

So this is a post of quilt pictures, I'll post the name and the quilter if I can figure it out. First I just started snapping pictures, then I had the brilliant inspiration to make a notation in the program of the quilts I photographed. That went well until I started viewing some of the "Special Exhibits", those quilts weren't in the program. Finally I tried taking a picture of the description sheet along with the quilt, that only worked where I held the camera very steady.

In no particular order, just where my wandering took me (name and quilter under the picture - sometimes it's hard on a blog to figure that out). You should be able to click on the picture if you want to see a larger view.


"Nifty Nine Patch" - Robbie Joy Eklow
This might be "Splendor in the Grass" by Melinda Bula. One of my favorites.
"Mum at Dusk" by Letitia Chung
Maybe "Sunset in Sunrise, KY" by Anne Munoz

"Confluence" by Brooke Larm (I'm sure)
"Santa Fe Sunflowers" by Ruth Powers
"Vancouver Sunshine" by Nancy Ryan - just loved the sunflower and black eyed susans in quilts.
This was in a special exhibit, probably "California Fiber Artists - Over the Edge", I think the title is "Still Life on the Cutting Edge".

No idea about this one, I really liked the quilting. The fish were painted on. It seemed like a lot of the quilts in this show were fusible/raw edge applique with intense machine quilting. That seems to be the current trend. "Prairie Breeze" by Laura Wasilowski
From the special exhibit "From the Heart" which showcases European Art Quilting. This is called "Flori Flora #9" by Lutgard Gerber Billiau of Belgium (got a clear picture of that label)
Exhibit "Fiber Force: A Futuristic Approach" titled "Flower Power" by Karen Loprete.

Enough for now, I'm really inspired and have several projects in my head, not to mention all that new fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I am truly amazed at all the talent. I wish I had been able to see it all in person. Inspiration galore

    ReplyDelete