Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Leaves

Yesterday afternoon was lovely, full of sunshine and warm temperatures, I decided a little yard clean up was in order.

I knew I wouldn't last long enough to get it all done, but any clean-up is good right.
I did manage to fill this cart a number of times, and Matt raked and mowed the lawn area nearest the house.
We've got some really large Maple leaves, that my gardening glove on the right to give you a little perspective on the size of these things, there are also smaller sized ones too.
And the leaves are artfully floating on the pond, which inspired me to start this piece.
But now I'm stuck, I don't know what to do next. I really love the leaves and the fabrics, but nothing else I put with it seems to work. I guess this will hang on my design wall till something comes to me, hopefully before next spring. I have the front and back sections to a new tote bag all pieced and ready for quilting, so that's what I'll be up to this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how big the piece is, but I think it's perfect just as it is. You could quilt it in concentric circles all around the leaves. They are gorgeous, BTW. At first glance, I thought they were more of your yard.

    I am jealous of your color. We should be awash in tree color now but it's just barely rusty in spots. I have a feeling the next big storm will take it all.

    ReplyDelete