Saturday, July 21, 2007

Orange

It's been raining a lot this week, but it's also relatively warm so the yard is flourishing. This lovely Dahlia has since fallen over, so I've got to get busy with more plant supports. I've got the Black-eyed Susan's corralled, and tied up the Bachelor Buttons, but I guess there's still more to do.
I took a wander around the garden, picking a variety of flowers for a bouquet. I start off thinking I'll just cut one or two types of flowers but they are all so lovely I always end up with a hodge-podge of colors and textures.
Although these pictures are all of orange flowers, the yard has a full rainbow of colors. My picture taking does show my current preference.

Maybe all these flowers will inspire by fabric creativity. I've got to get redirected soon, on Tuesday I'm starting a class with Larkin Van Horn. The class is called "Stretching Exercises" and meets monthly where we will "receive an assignment designed to spark you creative juices". I hope I'm up to the task.

1 comment:

  1. The RSS feed showed that it posted around 5:15pm yesterday. I don't know where it was hiding from the time you wrote it.

    Love the orange flowers.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete