Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hot, Hot, Hot


Compared to other parts of the country it's not that bad, but yesterday we tied the all time official highest temperature ever recorded in Bellingham of 94 degrees. Seattle said it was 98, on the north side of our house, completely in the shade I saw 90 degrees. This is very unusual for us but temps are suppose to drop as the week goes on.

We returned home from vacation on Sunday and I'm trying to catch up with my life. Darn, I have to go to work and we're having lovely warm sunny days so I really should still be on vacation shouldn't I?





Keeping with at least one of my goals, I've picked a bouquet of flowers to take in to work with me. I've got daisy's, dahlias, cosmos, coreopsis, sweet william, yarrow and a little blue one I don't know the name of. I'll try and get a picture of it individually to see if anyone knows what it is. The flower petals are sort of papery like a straw flower and it spreads pretty prolifically by underground stems.

I'm still waiting for my bachelor buttons to bloom, should be any day now, and the first of my rudbeccia have opened up, lovely summer color.

No comments:

Post a Comment