Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Valentine

I read a lot of blogs of very talented people, and sometimes they post very simple projects that get lots of "Wow!" So I've decided to challenge myself to do a simple valentine project, I'll make 12 of them to give to the members of my small quilt group when we meet on Monday.

Here's my proto-type. My only "requirement" was that I use stuff I had. This is a little pouch that I can put a couple of chocolates in, the size is about 3" x 3 1/2". I'm not really pleased with the ribbon handle and would love some ideas to fix that.

2 comments:

  1. It seems to me that the ribbon might be too shiny for the rest of the piece. . . is that what has you dis-satisfied?

    Some alternatives might be crewel yarn or embroidery floss (perhaps some of the duller colors would work).

    There is also the fabric tube. . just try to baste a length of ribbon at the far end of the tube to make turning a bit easier (you pull on the ribbon & work the fabric that way, then just remove the basting & the ribbon & tack up the raw edges).

    Good luck with what is a very pretty project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purse is so cute that I had to comment. Just the kind of thing my little granddaughter would enjoy. Warm wishes, Conni Lu

    ReplyDelete