Sunday, January 05, 2014

The Old and the New

Completed Quilt:  These were blocks made by my friends in the What Knots, and I've had them since 2006.    I used the "quilt as you go" method where each 12" block was layered with batting and backing and quilted on my regular machine.

Then the blocks were attached together.  On the front that was just the matter of a seam, but on the back it required a sashing strip to connect the blocks.
So this is what the back looks like.

And here is the quilt artfully posed.

Since we are now empty nesters, we have to indulge the cats.  We bought them this cat tree and some new catnip to entice they to use it.  So far only Milo has climbed on it on his own.

This is the best time of year for lovely sunset views, and we've had several.  In another month the sun will be setting farther north, which is behind those trees on the right side of the picture.


A new tool I was compelled to purchase is the Quick Curver Ruler by Sew Kind of Wonderful.  It was on sale at Fabric Etc and the designer is going to be doing a workshop for my guild.

This Poinsettia block is a free pattern on their web site and I had fun practicing my machine quilting on it.
Picture in the snow before it went to it's new home (a Christmas gift)

Any picture can be clicked in for a larger view.


No comments:

Post a Comment