Monday, August 26, 2013

APWQ Show

Yvonne and I drove down to Tacoma on Saturday to see how our quilts looked hung in the APWQ (Association of Pacific West Quilters) show
 Here is Yvonne posed with her lovely quilt "Birds with Bling" which was accepted as part of the competition exhibit.

 She was afraid it wouldn't hold it's own with neighboring quilts, but it stands out nicely and we heard lots of compliments for it.

 I entered my Dahlia quilt into the member's exhibit of floral quilts, it was jurried in but wasn't in the competition for prizes.  Here it is in the exhibit, it was dwarfed by the large quilt next to it.

 Close up view if you need to see it again.

 I had a couple of shopping goals for the vendor booths, and I can tell you that I completed them all.  I replenished my stash of Kaffe fabrics from Island Quilters.  I need to take a road trip down to their store on Vashon Island.

This is the quilt that caught my eye in Sisters, and luckily they had it hanging again at the Stitchin' Post booth because I didn't take a picture before.  I collected a few more fabrics for this quilt but I haven't put them in my stash yet to see if I bought duplicated of ones I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment