Thursday, July 18, 2013

Trip to Sisters, Oregon

I had a lovely time attending Quilter's Affair in Sister's, Oregon.  What is better than sharing a week with 4 friends, taking quilting classes and being so inspired by the beauty of nature and the quilts of others.

This year I was able to attend the Sister's Garden Club Tour.  There were 5 homes and gardens to visit and besides all the lovely plants and flowers, many had quilts posed around their yards.


Isn't this a great setting for an outdoor meal!

Jan posing with a lovely Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.

I did take a lot of photos of quilts from the show.  Yvonne entered 3 of her quilts and they looked so lovely and got lots of attention.

Yvonne's Lolly Pop Quilt

Here's the quintessential Sister's Quilt Show view, the employees challenge displayed on the side of the Stitchin Post.

I took 2 classes during the week.  First was a 2 day class with Hilde Morin called "Cityscapes".   I got a lot accomplished on my piece but I think I'll wait till it's is done to share.


I also took a class called "Soul Searching" from Kathy Doughty.  The piecing of the quilt is fairly simple, but we worked on the use of color and different fabrics for effect.  I'm excited to work more on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment